Saturday, May 06, 2006

"It's my party...."

May 27th, 2000. My 20th birthday.

The night before was my friend Brittany's birthday party. It was that night that my friend Weber chose to tell Jason about Sean and Georgette. Georgette, you see, was still Jason's girlfriend but she started seeing Sean. Jason wasn't exactly the figure of fidelity either, but Weber for his own reasons, sided with Jay. So that night the shit hit the fan. And the next day, my birthday, was my party where the same cast of characters were expected to show up and be sociable.

I woke up groggy from Britt's party, and went and did a poor job of doing my work at the library. I came home and took a call from Weber

"Are you sure you want me to come over, man. Some people might be really pissed off," he said. I told him that I wanted him to come no matter what would happen

The weather was perfect for the outdoor bbq party I had planned but I knew there was a storm brewing just the same. A few people including Sean and Georgette arrived when I got another phone call...from Jason.

"Are you having a party today?"
Shit. What do I say? "UH..yeah"
Shit. Shit. Shit. Not good.
"What time," he asked
"Uh, now I guess," I said having let the cat out of the bag
"Cool. I'll be by in a bit." Click.
Guess who's coming to dinner?

Well despite some obvious tension it actually worked out. Everybody was on their best behaviour. I had a good time and I guess that was the mportant thing. I don't remember any fighting although there was some obvious hostility. I am just happy nobody ruined that birthday for me because there was serious potential damage. As it is, our group of friends has never been the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home